Assurant Health has been in business since 1892. Assurant Health's underwriting companies provide health insurance coverage for more than one million people nationwide. The companiesâ€™ primary products include individual medical, small group, short term and student health insurance products, as well as non-insurance products and consumer-choice products such as Health Savings Accounts and Health Reimbursement Arrangements. With almost 3,000 employees, Assurant Health is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., and has operations offices in Minnesota, Idaho and Florida, as well as sales offices across the country. Assurant Health is the brand name for products underwritten and issued by one or more of Assurant Healthâ€™s underwriting companies â€“ Time Insurance Company, John Alden Life Insurance Company and Union Security Insurance Company.
Assurant Health is built on the cornerstone of consumer choice â€” providing ongoing flexibility and choices in health financing solutions as well as choice of providers. The company's more than 200,000 local agents are dedicated to supporting their customers. Assurant Health has a reputation of integrity in honoring its commitments to customers.
- Assurant Health is a leader in the individual medical insurance market.
- Assurant Health is one of the top sellers of temporary health insurance in the U.S.
- Assurant Health is one of the leading independent providers of health insurance to small businesses, individuals and their families, with more than one million covered lives.
- Assurant Health was one of the first companies to offer Health Savings Accounts, and is one of the top sellers of HSAs.
- Assurant Health offers a portfolio of Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) for small employer groups.
- Assurant Health's legal entities, Time Insurance Company and John Alden Life Insurance Company, have each been assigned an A.M. Best rating of A- (Excellent).
Assurant Health Plans
CoreMed Plan offers broad coverage at the best value. The plan is flexible and cost effective for everyday and catastrophic needs. Deductibles range from $2,000 to $5,000 and you have the freedom to use any doctor or hospital you choose in some of the largest PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) networks in the nation. There are no referrals necessary to see a specialist and youâ€™re covered worldwide, 24 hours a day. MaxPlan allows you the freedom to use any doctor or hospital with unlimited prescription drug benefits. The MaxPlan has the broadest coverage and the greatest number of options. There is an unlimited office visit copayment option available as well as an 80/20 coinsurance option. The MaxPlan is the plan with the most extensive protection and the most choice. SaveRight PPO is a Preferred provider Organization with low premiums to fit even the tightest budget. You can choose any doctor or hospital and you have the option to add a Health Savings Account (HSA) for tax benefits. The SaveRight HSA plan provides greater premium savings and worldwide coverage, 24 hours a day.
State Specific Assurant Information
See Assurant Ohio