BlueCross and BlueShield of Montana's vision is to be the health plan of choice for Montanans. For almost 70 years, they have been providing health care coverage exclusively in Montana for Montanans. As Montana's largest and oldest health insurance company, their name is linked with exceptional service and cost-effective, innovative products.
Across Montana, they serve 236,000 members and have provider networks that include over 1,900 physicians, 2,800 allied health care providers, and all Montana hospitals. For more than six decades, they have provided their customers with the security of knowing they have health care when they need it. Today, as a not-for-profit health plan, they continue to provide that security, and their mission is to help people lead healthier lives.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana health plans
- Montana Youthcare - child specific coverage with a low deductible, good coinsurance, and a low out of pocket max. The product is designed for children 3 months to 19 years old. It also provides prescription drug coverage with its own deductible of $100 and 75% coverage.
- Blue Evolution - a plan for people who need catastrophic coverage and want low monthly premiums and good coinsurance. The deductible for individuals is $2,500 and primary care benefits cover up to $450 of annual exams and office visits.
- Value Blue - comprehensive coverage for ongoing care. Value Blue provides excellent coverage for hospitalizations, surgery, emergency care, and outpatient services. It also provides $500 of primary care services with a family deductible of $10,000.
- Blue Evolution - for individuals who need low monthly premiums and want catastrophic coverage with higher deductibles. The individual deductible is $5,000 with a coinsurance of 60%.
- HDHP Montana - a high deductible plan with individual and family options. Deductible options range from $5,000 to $10,000 and are compatible with a health savings account (HSA).