Medicare is a federal program to help Americans 65 or older and disabled Americans pay for health care. However, the Original Medicare plan leaves you with many gaps in your coverage. Illinois Supplemental Medicare plans or Medicare Advantage plans fill those gaps.
Supplemental Medicare or Medigap Health Insurance Plans are government approved plans that provide health coverage in certain areas that the Original Medicare Plan does not cover. These plans offer many options and different plans to extend various types of coverage. Private insurers offer Medicare supplement insurance to help pay for hospital and medical expenses that Medicare does not pay for.
Medicare Health Insurance Providers
How do I choose the Illinois Medicare health plan that's right for me?
Below are some tips on choosing the right Illinois Supplemental Medicare Insurance Plan. It is important to determine what benefits and needs are necessary for you when choosing a plan. Here are some key areas to consider:
- Out of pocket costs
- In network or out of network doctors
- Hospital Expenses
- Skilled Nursing Coverage
- Facility Co-insurance
- In Home Recovery
Medicare Health Insurance Plans
Medicare is classified into four different categories.
- Medicare Part A: Part A covers Hospital Insurance and gives financial assistance for inpatient care. Part A also partially covers skilled nurses, hospice, and home health care under certain conditions.
- Medicare Part B: Part B covers necessary medical services such as outpatient care and doctor services. Some preventative care is also covered to maintain your healthy status and minimize the chances that other illnesses might become more severe.
- Medicare Part C: Part C is a Medicare Advantage Plan. It combines Part A and Part B and in some instances, it also combines Part D. Medicare Part C plans are privately managed by insurance companies approved by Medicare. The plans cover necessary medical services, although, these plans have co-payments, coinsurance, and deductibles that can vary.
- Medicare Part D: Part D provides assistance covering prescription drugs. The coverage will vary depending on the plan, but it may help lower your prescription drug costs and help prevent high costs in the future.
Where can I read about Illinois Medicare?