Sierra Health Services, Inc., is a diversified healthcare company that, through its subsidiaries, provides and administers the delivery of managed care benefit plans for employers, government programs and individuals. Sierra defines managed healthcare as quality care delivered in an organized and cost-effective manner, requiring providers, insurers and members to work together.
Sierra is able to meet the needs of its customers through a broad array of healthcare products and services. In addition to health maintenance organizations and medical groups, Sierra's subsidiaries currently offer a preferred provider organization, health and life indemnity insurance, behavioral healthcare services, third-party administration for self-insured companies and multi-specialty medical groups.
Sierra is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada, and is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SIE.
Sierra's subsidiaries include:
- Southwest Medical Associates, Inc.
- Health Plan of Nevada, Inc.
- Sierra Health and Life Insurance Company, Inc.
- Behavioral Healthcare Options, Inc.
- Family Home Hospice
- Northern Nevada Health Network
- Family Health Care Services
- Sierra Health Holdings, Inc.
- Sierra Health-Care Options, Inc.
- Sierra Nevada Administrators
Sierra's mission statement reflects these principles: To deliver high quality healthcare-related products and services in order to provide lifelong value for members, customers and shareholders.